” Around the cottage … “
Depending on your interests, you can of course discover the cities that have marked history with theLoire Valley castles and their gardens :
- The CHÂTEAU DU RIVAU, the nearest 2 km, exceptional medieval castle and its fairy-tale gardens, classified “Remarkable Garden”.
- CHAMPIGNY SUR VEUDE 6 km away, this charming little village offers much more than beautiful old houses.
- RICHELIEU 12 km away, surrounded by ramparts and moats, pass one of the three monumental gates to reach the Grande Rue. 12 meters wide and bordered by many private mansions, it reflects the image of Cardinal Richelieu, imposing! Take a walk in the pleasant wooded park on hot days.
- CHINON13 km away, the Castle and its old town, crisscrossing the alleys of Chinon means taking a trip down memory lane with its pretty half-timbered houses and old residences.
- AZAY LE RIDEAU 25 km away, built on an island in the middle of the Indre under the reign of François I, this castle is a splendor of the Renaissance.
Visit the most beautiful Villages in France :
- CRISSAY SUR MANSE 15 km :
This medieval village has kept all its character. Listed as a National Heritage monument since 1926, its flamboyant Gothic-style church, its beautiful tufa houses and its narrow streets justify its classification among “The most beautiful villages in France”.
- CANDES-SAINT-MARTIN 25 km :
Located at the confluence of the Loire and the Vienne, with its houses by the water. You will be charmed by its narrow, flowery streets as well as by its large bourgeois tufa houses with slate roofs.
You like HUNTING , so if your dates allow it do not miss the Puces à Chinon every 3rd Sunday of the month and those of Montsoreau every 2nd Sunday of the month , a very beautiful walk that takes you through Candes-Saint-Martin .
Cycling, the GREEN WAY
To the delight of cycle tourists and other hikers, the greenway connecting Richelieu to Chinon unrolls a 20 km carpet of serenity between nature and culture, without difficulty, and with numerous panels and informative and educational devices. You can join the green way directly from the cottage.
Canoe descent or barge ride on the Vienne.
Hiking: The amateurs of walk can satisfy their passion with various circuits which will allow them to discover the landscapes of our region.
Let’s not forget that we are in the heart of the vineyards, we will be happy to give you the best addresses to taste and buy your CHINON wine .